The Penultimate Peril
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Author: Lemony Snicket
Illustrator: Brett Helquist
Like eggs or martinis, books by Lemony Snicket should not be consumed by the dozen.
Very little is known about Lemony Snicket and A Series of Unfortunate Events. What we do know is contained in the following brief list:
• The books have inexplicably sold millions and millions of copies
• People in more than 40 countries are consumed by consuming Snicket
• The movie was as upsetting as the books, if not more so
• Like unrefrigerated butter and fungus, the popularity of these books keeps spreading
Even less is known about book the twelfth in this alarming phenomenon. What we do know is contained in the following brief list:
• In this book, things only get worse
• Count Olaf is still evil
• The Baudelaire Orphans do not win a contest
• The title begins with the word “The”
Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.