Indie Bookstore Day! Celebrate with 40+ Authors & Artists!
Come celebrate Independent Bookstore Day at Books of Wonder, alongside 40+ New York City authors & artists!
Meet New York Times-bestselling authors, Caldecott medal-winning illustrators, and some of our favorite local children's books creators!
Meet superstar authors and artists who are ready to recommend some of their very own favorite reads to you and your young readers.
Special art classes and story time sessions throughout the day you won't want to miss, led by authors and artists.
- Grab a FREE autograph card! We'll have a very special Books of Wonder Independent Bookstore Day 2023 autograph card for every guest featuring the artwork below! Get yours and capture autographs from all the authors and artists roaming the store while you're here.
Check out our superstar roster below!
- Ethan T. Berlin & Jimbo Matison (with Art Class / Art Demo), the author & illustrator of the hilarious, fan-favorite How to Draw a Happy Cat
- John Patrick Green, the New York Times-bestselling author of the Investigators graphic novel series!
- Dan Gutman, the New York Times-bestselling author of the My Weird School series!
- Steve Light (with Storytime), the acclaimed author-illustrator of Have You Seen My Dragon?, Road Trip, and most recently, Concrete
- Brian Floca, the Caldecott-medal winning artist of Locomotive and most recently, Keeping the City Going
- Adam Rubin, the New York Times-bestselling author of beloved picture book Dragons Love Tacos and most recently, the explosively funny middle grade book, The Human Kaboom
- Sabina Hahn, the Brooklyn-based illustrator, animator, and sculptor who debuted with the uproariously funny and relatable picture book Pineapple Princess
Silvia Lopez & Susan Rose (with Storytime), the all-star co-author team behind the new early reader book, José and El Perro
- Melissa Dassori, the author of the heartfelt and magical new middle grade novel, J.R. Silver Writes Her World
- Caroline Gertler, the author of Books of Wonder favorite middle grade novel, Many Points of Me, and most recently, Where You've Got To Be
- Isabel Roxas, the author-artist of graphic novel series The Adventures of Team Pom and many beautiful picture books, including Holding On
- Kyle Lukoff, the Newbery honoree, Stonewall Award-winning, National Book Award finalist author of middle grade novel Too Bright to See and the forthcoming picture book, Awake, Asleep
- Hannah Salyer, the Brooklyn-based illustrator who merges history and art to create fascinating non-fiction picture books, most recently Ancestory
- Suzy Levinson, the writer and poet who's just debuted with the hilarious and irresistible picture book, Animals in Pants
- Sheetal Sheth (with Storytime), the actress, activist, producer — turned author! — behind the spunky picture book, Always Anjali
- Bats Langley, the painter, sculptor, and now illustrator of the hilarious and adorable picture book, Groggle's Monster Halloween
- Dan Yaccarino, the internationally acclaimed author and illustrator of more than 50 books for children, including his most recent City Under the City and One, Two, Grandpa Loves You
- Lisa Anchin, the author/artist behind many gorgeous and charming picture books, including her most recent ode-to-art, The Paper Bird
- Peter Parnell & Justin Richardson, the husbands and co-author team behind the controversial and always essential picture book, And Tango Makes Three
- John Olson, one half of the author/artist team behind the heart-warming and whimsical picture book, Fitting In
- Melissa Iwai (with coloring activity), the author/artist behind many beloved picture books such as Soup Day and the new and acclaimed I Can Read series, Gigi and Ojiji
- Denis Markell, the author behind action-packed middle grade novels such as Click Here to Start and, most recently, The Final Cut
- Shauna J. Grant, the author/artist behind the absolutely adorable Mimi graphic novel series, with its latest installment Mimi and the Boo-hoo Blahs
- Ken Schept, the journalist-turned-picture book author behind the powerful and beautiful new picture book, A Gift of Feathers
- Eric Geron, the New York Times-bestselling author of Books of Wonder favorite Poultrygeist and, most recently, YA rom-com A Tale of Two Princes
- Karuna Riazi, the author behind the evocative and poetic new middle grade novel, A Bit of Earth, a retelling of The Secret Garden
- Wendy Xu, the best-selling author/artist of middle grade graphic novel Tidesong, and artist behind cult-favorite Mooncakes
- Ethan Aldridge, the best-selling creator of action-packed and stunning graphic novels, including Estranged, Changeling King, and The Legend of Brightblade
Jay Cooper, the illustrator and writer of over 20 books for kids young and old, including most recently The Last Comics on Earth: From the Creators of the Lat Kids on Earth
- Yvette Clark, the author of the witty and heartwarming middle grade novels, Glitter Gets Everywhere and House Swap
- Carina Ho (with storytime), the performer who dances despite her disability and is debuting with her picture book Mighty Mara
- Alexandra V. Mendez, the author of the magical and lyrical middle grade debut novel, What the Jaguar Told Her
- Dan-ah Kim, the author/artist of exciting and stunning picture books, including The Grandmaster's Daughter, and more recently, The Train Home
- Kevin Christopher Snipes, the play-writer turned YA novelist behind the deliciously bizarre romance Milo and Marcos at the End of the World
- Loryn Brantz, two-time Emmy winner and creator of bestselling board book series, Feminist Baby, and, most recently, Now That You're Here
- Ally Malinenko, the poet, librarian, and novelist behind creepy middle grade reads such as Ghost Girl and This Appearing House
- Lorraine Nam, the up-and-coming Brooklyn-based artist behind gorgeous picture books, including most recently, Wei Skates On
Mae Coyiuto, the Filipino author exploding on the YA scene with her hilarious U.S. debut, Chloe and the Kaishao Boys
- Cat Min, the illustrator, animator, and writer who hails from Hong Kong and is the creator of the whimsical picture books Shy Willow and The Little Toymaker