I am Mister Rogers
Author: Brad Meltzer
Illustrator: Christopher Eliopoulos
*Signed Bookplate from the Illustrator, Christopher Eliopoulos!*Beloved children's television host Fred Rogers is the 31st hero in the New York Times bestselling picture book biography series for ages 5 to 9.
As a shy, young boy, Fred Rogers found comfort in telling stories through puppets. When television grew in popularity, he knew he wanted to create a show that encouraged kindness and goodness. His show Mister Rogers' Neighborhood shaped modern television and cemented his legacy.
This friendly, fun biography series inspired the PBS Kids TV show Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum. One great role model at a time, these books encourage kids to dream big.
Included in each book are:
- A timeline of key events in the hero’s history
- Photos that bring the story more fully to life
- Comic-book-style illustrations that are irresistibly adorable
- Childhood moments that influenced the hero
- Facts that make great conversation-starters
- A virtue this person embodies: Fred Rogers' success through kindness is highlighted.