Fantastic June Middle Grade Reads
Unexpected Heroes on Unforgettable Adventures!
These books are made for the coziest corner of your young reader's home. Buckle up your seven-league boots and join us for this discussion of phenomenal middle-grade reads – brought to you by gods, monsters, and your friends at Books of Wonder.
- Escape into fantasy with Holly the squirrel, whose magic can make pastries appear out of thin air... but unfortunately not much else in The Shelterlings by SARAH BETH DURST.
- In LOUIE STOWELL's Loki: A Bad God's Guide to Being Good, we follow Loki's chronicles after he's banished from Asgard, and must live as a kid on earth until he learns how to be a good person, fast.
- A lovable crew of middle-school band geeks jump between realities in Doppelganger Danger by REBECCA CAPRARA. Together, they fight Empyrean One, a terrifying group of villains that threaten the very fabric of their universes.
- Sink into a powerful story of loss and identity by JASBINDER BILAN, author of Tamarind and the Star of Ishta, in which Tamarind is sent to a mysterious family home in the Himalayan mountains
- Wade into the unseemly town of Farstroke in KIRSTY APPLEBAUM's Lifeling, and meet Lonny, a magic-user, who brings back the dead at the cost of his own life energy.
For all Books of Wonder events, we expect all participants to maintain a family friendly atmosphere, inclusive of respect and fairness. Anyone who violates this standard of behavior, including engaging in any form of harassment, inappropriate language, or disruptive conduct, will, at our discretion, be immediately removed.