Fantastic Queer YA
Loud and Proud YA Fantasies!
Keep the spirit of Pride going strong with these queer YA novels celebrating love, adventure, and being true to one's self! In this virtual event, we'll meet Yolanda, a bruja-in-training, Sam, who has visions of past lives, Clement and Cristina, twin heirs to a magical family, Freida, the daughter of a Library god, and Andrew and Jamie, who are trying to survive the apocalypse — and first love.
Dive into the worlds of:
- The Making of Yolanda La Bruja by LORRAINE AVILA. Yolanda is having a great year and is confident she'll soon be initiated into her family's bruja traditions. But when a new boy joins her school and Yolanda suffers visions of the violence this boy threatens, how can she protect her community in a world that won't list to her?
- The Many Half-Lived Lives of Sam Sylvester by MAYA MACGREGOR. Sam's life was on the upswing.. until they start experiencing the memories of a thirty-year-old suspicious death that took place in their new home. Now, Sam can't resist looking into what looks like a murder... but are they digging through the past or digging their own future grave?
- Blood Debts by TERRY J. BENTON-WALKER. Clement and Cristina are twin heirs to what was once magical royalty. But dethroned, all they can do is care for their sick mother... until they discover their mother isn't sick — she's cursed! Now it's up to them to uncover past secrets to protect their family and themselves.
- The Library of Broken Worlds by ALAYA DAWN JOHNSON. As the daughter of a Library God, Freida has spent all her life holed up in the Library's depths. But when an encounter with a refugee makes her realize that the world is on the brink of war, she realizes she has to step up. Can Freida stop this ancient war god or will he destroy her first?
- All That's Left in the World by ERIK J. BROWN. While a deadly pathogen has killed off most of the world's population, Andrew and Jamie somehow stumble upon each other. In a post-apocalyptic world, their only choice is to trust and depend on each other. But they both have deep secrets that threaten to tear them apart!
Thursday, June 22nd at 6:00PM EST via Crowdcast!
For all Books of Wonder events, we expect all participants to maintain a family friendly atmosphere, inclusive of respect and fairness. Anyone who violates this standard of behavior, including engaging in any form of harassment, inappropriate language, or disruptive conduct, will, at our discretion, be immediately removed.